Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide zero values in pie chart

Hi

How to hide the zero percentage values in pie chart lables using with measure or calculated column?

Hide Zeroes.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can use the visual filters of the pie chart ie.

Capture.PNG

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can use the visual filters of the pie chart ie.

Capture.PNG

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi, thanks your post.

After I did that in visual level filter, when the correspoding category value is below 1, the whole pie chart disappear, but I want only the category with zero value to be hiding. Any idea on why is this happened?  

It sounds like the values you want to hide aren't actually 0.00% - they're probably something like 0.000000000009% but are being presented as 0.00%?

The solution suggested by vanessa will work but you'll need to allow for the fact that percentages are actually decimal numbers.

1 = 100%

0.5 = 50%

0.25 = 25% and so on.

So you'd need to apply a visual level filter to show only those greater than 0.0001%? (Maybe). However, this may result in the total being less than 100%

Thanks you reply.

But the problem here is, say I have three columns for value A, B, C, and fourth column for date, I put A, B, C in pie chart as values, and date in slicer as value.  I want pie chart display only those percentage of category with value greater than 0 when I selected corresponding date in slicer, i.e. at some date, A might be zero, then only percentage of B and C will be on pie chart.

However when I add A, B, C to visual level filter and set to show items only when they are grater than 0, as long as one of them are zero, the whole chart disappear , but I want only the category to be hiding, not the whole thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem... My whole chart dissapears when I do that. But I have so many zero values, so there labels are really distracting, so they really have to go... the only problem is I don't know how.

No idea how to resolve yet, please let me know if you have something new. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.