Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GunnerJ
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hide visual unless Table value selected

Hello Community,

I'm currently tasked with hiding a set of visuals until a row within a table has been selected. I've seen where this can be done using filters but not with the table visual. Is this possible and if so how might I go about it?

In the picture below I want the right side box the be empty unless a row in the table (left) is selected. 

Is there a way to see if a table is filtering the page?

Hide Visual.PNG

Thank you and please let me know if I need to provide any further information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @GunnerJ 

Thank you for your feedback.

Please check the link down below.

I created something like, if not selected then blue color (you can change it to anything) otherwise transparent color.

You can check the Dax measure in the sample pbix file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc44vpztcejtm9m/GunnerJ.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @GunnerJ 

I tried to cover the chart by card visual.

And I wrote a measure for the card visual background color something like below.

If something is selected, then the card visual background color becomes transparent, if not selected, then background color.

But one drawback is that users cannot hover over the chart visualization.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

@Jihwan_Kim Thank you for the response. Do you have a file or example of that measure? I'd like to test it out myself.

Hi, @GunnerJ 

Thank you for your feedback.

Please check the link down below.

I created something like, if not selected then blue color (you can change it to anything) otherwise transparent color.

You can check the Dax measure in the sample pbix file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc44vpztcejtm9m/GunnerJ.pbix?dl=0 

Go to My LinkedIn Page

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

You could move the graph to a different page and make that page into a tooltip.  Then assign that tooltip page as the tooltip target on your table.  The user would see the graph when they moused over a row in the table.

@jdbuchanan71 

I showed the end user that option and they still hope to have the visual hide and appear upon selection but the tooltip is being used as a backup. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.