Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArtFi
Frequent Visitor

Hide slicer on dashboard

Is there a possibility to hide a slicer on a dashboard but still be able to select a certain option. The goal would be to print the dashboard for multiple users, with them only seeing the information that's relevant for them, so that excludes the slicer itself. Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@ArtFi I think only on reports not dashboards. Use report level filter or page level filter to filter for all the visuals.

View solution in original post

Hi ArtFi,

In Power BI service, and Desktop, there is no function available currently to hide a slicer. If the purpose here is to print the report (or the dashboard), then we may edit the filter settings under report, Check: Add a filter to a Power BI report (in Editing view).

In addition, as a workaround, we may try to format the front and header with white color, change the orientation to “Horizontal”,  this would somehow “hide” the items,  the value would be highlighted when mouse cursor on it, when selected, it will only show the selected item:

4.PNG

Page level filters would apply the filters to all the charts on the same page, if you would like to change the same filter for all charts on the same page, then use Page Level filter. Check the article I share above for the difference about Filters.

If any further assistance needed, please post back.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to click selection pane, then click on the slicer and see on the selection pane which one it is. Then click on the hide icon.

I tell you this. Everyone else says it isn't possible, and along comes Anonymous and voila, problem solved. For those who answered. If you don't know, say you don't know. Don't say it isn't possible unless you're absolutely 100% sure.

Fuller instructions: In the ribbon at the top click View -> Selection (the selection pane appears) -> click the slicer (it will be selected in the Selection pane) -> click either the word Hide or the 'eye' icon to hide it.

You can also show or hide slicers using View -> Sync Slicers pane. Beside each slicer there is a sync checkbox and an 'eye' checkbox, untick an eye checkbox to hide the slicer.

Ermin
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

There is one more option to hide a slicer. You can position the slicer outside of the report sheet. This is what I do.

1. Increase the page size of the report (I usually increase the page height: 3400)

Page Size 1.jpg

1. Position your slicer on the bottom of the page (the purple boxes beow is the slicer)

Filter View.jpg

3. Reduce page size (Height 3200)

Page Size 2.png

1. The slicer has disappeared

Please note, after this you don’t see your slicer anymore and you cannot change the value. You need to find a way to set a default value for the filter (I.e. to the current month, or similar)

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ArtFi You can use filters for this scenarios which lets you filter but when you print dashboard they are not printed.

@ankitpatira I see, but is it possible to use it on the dashboard (or only in the report), and can you have one filter for all charts,? Otherwise I'd have to click each chart separately, which is not very handy!

Hi ArtFi,

In Power BI service, and Desktop, there is no function available currently to hide a slicer. If the purpose here is to print the report (or the dashboard), then we may edit the filter settings under report, Check: Add a filter to a Power BI report (in Editing view).

In addition, as a workaround, we may try to format the front and header with white color, change the orientation to “Horizontal”,  this would somehow “hide” the items,  the value would be highlighted when mouse cursor on it, when selected, it will only show the selected item:

4.PNG

Page level filters would apply the filters to all the charts on the same page, if you would like to change the same filter for all charts on the same page, then use Page Level filter. Check the article I share above for the difference about Filters.

If any further assistance needed, please post back.

Regards

@ArtFi I think only on reports not dashboards. Use report level filter or page level filter to filter for all the visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.