Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IF
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hide/show labels in a chart

Hi,

I want to be sure if this is not possible with the Power bi service. When I publish a report with a chart at a premium capacity, some users want to see the chart with labels some don't. Similarly, if there is a lot of data in the chart they don't want to see the labels, but they want to see the labels if they filter the data. Is it possible to make a button or an option to "show-hide labels" in a chart? I know how to do it at the power bi pro, but my wish is to give a possibility to the users to select this option depending on the visuals in the chart.

Thanks in advance!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @IF ,

yes, that's possible with bookmarks. This bookmarks you can link to a button and make then visuals visible or hide them depending on the selection.

The case is identical to the one in this video:

Power BI Bookmarks, Selections and Toggles - YouTube

Also check the article about bookmarks:

Use bookmarks in Power BI Desktop to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@IF, One workaround is to utilize the Bookmark feature.

Step1 : First create your charts with all labels on. Then create one bookmark with this.

Step2: Then Create another Charts with all labels off. Then create another bookmark with this.

Step 3: Take two button lets name it like "With Label" and "Sans Label" then Apply the bookmark that in Step1 on "With Label" button and bookmark created in step 2 apply in on "Sans Label" button.

I hope it may help you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@IF, One workaround is to utilize the Bookmark feature.

Step1 : First create your charts with all labels on. Then create one bookmark with this.

Step2: Then Create another Charts with all labels off. Then create another bookmark with this.

Step 3: Take two button lets name it like "With Label" and "Sans Label" then Apply the bookmark that in Step1 on "With Label" button and bookmark created in step 2 apply in on "Sans Label" button.

I hope it may help you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @IF ,

yes, that's possible with bookmarks. This bookmarks you can link to a button and make then visuals visible or hide them depending on the selection.

The case is identical to the one in this video:

Power BI Bookmarks, Selections and Toggles - YouTube

Also check the article about bookmarks:

Use bookmarks in Power BI Desktop to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@IF , Try with bookmarks, save bookmark one with label and one without label

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.