Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide rows in report that do not contain data point

Hello Community, I am working to display ONLY documents that were never downloaded.

How do I exclude rows in below Table visualization that do NOT have a Document Number?

CONTEXT: I created a new data table called Non_Downloaded_docs = EXCEPT(documents, totaldownloads). However, all of the meaningful document metadata is in another data table called Documents_original. In below table visualization, 'Document Number' comes from Non_Downloaded_docs whereas 'Document Name', 'Type', 'Document Status', 'Classification' come from Documents_original.

Capture.JPG

1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU - I was able to accomplish this by using Advanced filtering under Visual level filters (Show items when the value: is not blank)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous

To do this, click on your table and go to Visual Level Filters. For Document Type, go to Basic Filtering, then click Select All, then uncheck the blank option. Rows without a document name should be removed from the table. You can also go to Advanced Filtering and select "Is Not Blank", however, this option isn't working for me right now for some reason.

Hope this helps,

Parker

Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU - I was able to accomplish this by using Advanced filtering under Visual level filters (Show items when the value: is not blank)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.