Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NSC7
Helper I
Helper I

Hide or Show Matrix table row header based on filter selection

Hi All,

I have a matrix table as shown below. Prod, Dept, Dept  head and Source are row header.

I have switched off Stepped layout to show the data in below format.

I have a requiremnt to hide/show column Dept and Dept head based on the filter. Show the column when user will select Show Dept as Yes and hide when user will select No.

NSC7_0-1675204205997.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @NSC7 

Hi, @NSC7 

According to your description, you want to have a slicer to control the fields on the row headers.

Here are the steps you can refer to :
(1)This is my test data:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1675216544620.png

(2)We can create a field parameter in Power BI Desktop:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1675216576705.png

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1675216592645.png

(3)Then we can put the [Parameter] on the row header and we can also have a slicer on it , like this:

vyueyunzhmsft_3-1675216622998.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @NSC7 

Hi, @NSC7 

According to your description, you want to have a slicer to control the fields on the row headers.

Here are the steps you can refer to :
(1)This is my test data:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1675216544620.png

(2)We can create a field parameter in Power BI Desktop:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1675216576705.png

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1675216592645.png

(3)Then we can put the [Parameter] on the row header and we can also have a slicer on it , like this:

vyueyunzhmsft_3-1675216622998.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thanks , It helped.

vicky_
Super User
Super User

I would suggest adding in a field parameter and using that in the visual. So then the user can select which level of the heirarchy they want to show up. Check out the following tutorial that I find pretty helpful: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/fields-parameters-in-power-bi/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.