Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide export and filter options for some graphics

when we hover over a table we see the export and filter options

when we hover over a card we see the same

feedback is that for eg cards this is ugly and confusing

is it possible to not show "filter and export" for some graphics and not others?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can achieve this by using VISUAL HEADER option under format options in Power BI desktop. See the screenshot below:

options.jpg

Go to this option and it has got an option to hide "EXPORT options" from a visual. Once you disable it it will not appear in the report. Apart from this there are multiple options available under this.

NOTE: The options will still show in Power BI Desktop after you make changes, but once you publish your report to Power BI Service these options will be hidden and and you will see your chnages.

Let me know if this helps. If yes, can you please mark this as a solution to this thread. 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can achieve this by using VISUAL HEADER option under format options in Power BI desktop. See the screenshot below:

options.jpg

Go to this option and it has got an option to hide "EXPORT options" from a visual. Once you disable it it will not appear in the report. Apart from this there are multiple options available under this.

NOTE: The options will still show in Power BI Desktop after you make changes, but once you publish your report to Power BI Service these options will be hidden and and you will see your chnages.

Let me know if this helps. If yes, can you please mark this as a solution to this thread. 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

Go to the Format options in the Visualizations pane - here you'll see a load of options relating to the Visual Header.

You can control which options a user can see when the report has been published to the Power BI Service (or turn them off altogether, if you wish).

This article has some useful info.

Note, the visual header is always visible when developing a report in Power BI Desktop.

Best regards,
Martyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.