Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide empty repeating column in matrix

Hi all

I have a matrix with multiple years in the columns section (2014-2020)

There is one value-column (pipeline) that always only exists in the current year. To display it we have to show an empty column in every other year.

We cannot use a card visual because its not just one value (many rows).

Any advice is appreciated 🙂

1.PNG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

How tables and matrix you can define the size of the column so you can hide then until is invisible just drag the border of the column, be aware that you may need to turn off word wrap on the options on column headers.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

How tables and matrix you can define the size of the column so you can hide then until is invisible just drag the border of the column, be aware that you may need to turn off word wrap on the options on column headers.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous not sure if you much of option if you are using matrix visual.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.