Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide column data for particular users

Hello,

Is there a way where we can hide a particulay column data for some users and show the data to other users.

For example I have salary information, I dont want to show this to everyone. I would like to show only for few people based on their grade. How I can acheive this please?

I know how to do Row Level Security but not sure if there is a way to acheive column level security. If I do row level complete row will hide but I dont want to hide whole row, I just want to hide the column value. Any suggestions/ideas please?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi nivas258,

Power bi doesn't support column level security, to achieve your requirement, you may consider to apply column level security in ssas, please refer to this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/analysis-services/tabular-models/object-level-security?view=sql... Then you can connect to that tabular model in power bi desktop.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi nivas258,

Power bi doesn't support column level security, to achieve your requirement, you may consider to apply column level security in ssas, please refer to this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/analysis-services/tabular-models/object-level-security?view=sql... Then you can connect to that tabular model in power bi desktop.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant we just transpose the columns and then apply RLS??

Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean unpivot and apply RLS on this? I tried this but its not working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.