Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tdurieux
Frequent Visitor

Hide a column in a matrix

Hey there,

I am deeply sorry to post this issue, wich has been solved many times but the solutions proposed don't work with me...

Forum power bi.PNG

I created a measure to calculate the evolution of 'Mandat' (basically an amount of money) from 2016 to 2017. So obviously the measure returns 0 in 2016, since the evolution of 'Mandat' between 2016 and 2016 is...0.

Thus I'd like to hide this column for the 2016 year, so I tried to use a 'IF' formula to hide it when it returns 0, I tried to drag the column but it unhides itself, I tried to use a filter to only display value different from 0... No one worked.

Any help would be appreciated ! Tanks 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried this and works for my end.  Essentially, you can unselected the "Word wrap" feature for the "Values" and "Column headers" for the Matrix and then manually resize that specific column you want to hide to collapse it.  Hope this helps.  Feel free to let me know any questions on this.

Martin Chow

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tdurieux,

There is no such an visibility option that supports to conditionally hide/show column in Matrix. One option is to hide or show the values in the column by creating measures, but column headers are still appeared even there is no data. Reference: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-can-i-hide-Column/td-p/110087

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Put the column you want to hide and the end of your matrix.

In the field formatting, give the column the same colour as the background, apply also it to the column header and total.

I have done it with a calculated column with a row title of 1 character and values 1 and 0, so the column is small in the view.

Pmike
Frequent Visitor

I would really love to see a solution to this also.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors