Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide a chiclet slicer button

My chiclet slicer has two buttons based on two rows in a table. I need to hide one of the buttons under certain condtions. Is there a method to hide one of the buttons through a DAX statement or with some other metthod? 

Thanks, Mark

10 REPLIES 10
guiggs
Helper II
Helper II

So you want to hide one button but show the two rows in the table? Or with the table, you mean the data table?

If so, you can apply a page filter and filter with the option you want to show

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chiclet slicer has a Current and a Future button. I want to hide the Future button when the account number is 12345. I don't think I can hide just the Future button through a filter. I think it probably has to be done through a Dax statment.

@Anonymous 

Please find the sample pbix file at the below mentioned location. Hope this is what you wanted to achieve.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KzAk69KRf4DCcYQbLnPYydV-rV5UI6hz

Hope this helps !!

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took a brief look at it on Friday. This maybe the solution that i was loooking for but I'm unable to open the pbix or dwonload it. Can you please repost it.

Thanks, Mark

Hey Mark

Please try this link. Let me know if you are not able to download from this link as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KvmXu4Zf3ZKUt4ng4JCjXYDCMrN7-7g7

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your solution is great! However I need to be able to use Manage Role to pass the AccountNo to the pbix.  When I published it and passed the Account No to the pbix it does not  change the Chiclet buttons. Are you familar with using the value passed through username(). Here is how I coded the measure  

IsAccount12345 = if(USERNAME() = VALUE(33566153),1,0).

I can send you my pbix but I'm not sure where to upload it.

Thanks, Mark

@Anonymous :

Sorry but I am not sure why you are comparing USERNAME() to VALUE(33566153). 

Your pbix would help to understand what you are trying to achieve. You can upload it to google drive or one drive and share the link.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the link to the report.   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yfG9m9h_a85IhhkuLkEptevSG3q3smml/view?usp=sharing. Based on the account no passed to the report I want to turn off the Future button.

@Anonymous did you find out a solution? I'm trying to do the same thing. Use the role in rls to hide chiclet images.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If there isn't a method to hide the Future button I would be happy with changing the title on the button to "N/A" but I don't know how to dynamically do that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.