Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Hide Visualization with 0 record

Hi All,

I have a requirement to hide the visualization if nothing is returned based on the filter selected. Currently it is showing a blank report with only the column headers. 

Is there any way I can hide that ?

Regards,

Akash

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @akj2784,

Unfortunately, there is no such a visibility property to hide/show visiualization based on slicer selection.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ok.

It is is not possible to hide the visual. You could change the measure to return a space instead of blank in the event that there is nothing to return I guess

measure = if([measure]=blank()," ",[measure])

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thank you for quick response.

I actually have 4 visualization, depending on the slicer value I want to enable the relevant visualization.

there is no out of box feature to implement that. Using IsFiltered and Selected, somehow I am able to show relevant data in the report. But the other 3 reports shows blank with just the header.

Is there any other way to show the report dynamically depending on my slicer value ?

Also, if I place 4 different reports, it will occupy that spcace and if there is nothing to show in any report, it will still occupy that space and show as blank which somehow I don't want. I am surpirsed to see Microsoft has not implemented such a basic functionality of Summary to detail navigation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.