Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hansolo
Helper I
Helper I

Hide Values in Slicer

Trying to design some "buttons" by augmenting slicers. Please see below. Is there any way I can limit values in a slicer? For instance, I just want there to be the current week, last week, etc ... not the deselect or the blank option. 

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chrisu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

There is a bug that disables visual-level filters for slicers.  You can workaround it by changing the slicer to another visualization (card or table or whatever), then selecting your visual-level filter (in your case, value is not blank), then changing the visualization back to a slicer.  The filter won't actually show up in the slicer's visual-level filter menu, but it will still be applied.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you creating the values. e.g.  last 7 days, WTD, for the slicer? I'd like to do something similar with Google Analytics data. Feel free to msg me directly so this thread doesn't go off track.

Thanks,

Jeff

chrisu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

There is a bug that disables visual-level filters for slicers.  You can workaround it by changing the slicer to another visualization (card or table or whatever), then selecting your visual-level filter (in your case, value is not blank), then changing the visualization back to a slicer.  The filter won't actually show up in the slicer's visual-level filter menu, but it will still be applied.  

This solution isn't working for me in Version: 2.38.4491.282 64-bit (August 2016)

chrisu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Yes, this workaround was disabled a few months ago.  Please vote on the following idea to bring it back:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15091614-can-no-longer-filter-a-s...

@chrisu amazing. thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.