Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leniorcortivo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hide Specific Values in a Table

Hello,

I received an challenge to share a performance report to our team but we would like to the user that is opening the report be able to see only his name at the Table, but would be allowed to see the all the results.

Here is an example table with all the results.

Ranking_Total_Resutls.PNG

If the logged user be test1@test.com for example, the desired result should be as follow:

Ranking_User_Resutls.PNG

He would be able to see his and all other results, but not the name of the other users.

I have made some attempts with the USERPRINCIPALNAME() funcion, but without success, since we cannot use that funcion in a calculated column to try reach the 0 or 1 value. The logical behind is if the logged user = e-mail then 1 else 0. In this case I could use this 0/1 scenario to change the cell element value based in a function (rule) connected to the logged user. 

Does anyone have an idea in how to achieve this? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leniorcortivo 

Some ideas.

First of all, RLS cannot achieve this, because in your data, the second row of records belongs to test2@test.com, the third row belongs to test3@test.com, but for row-level security(rls), filters restrict data at the row level. 

So if you want to use RLS to "hide" other users' names, you need change your datasource like this, then you can use USERPRINCIPALNAME() funcion 

vxiaotang_0-1652065750518.png

this is the first way, or you can use conditional formatting to hide. By this way, you can make other users' names white so they don't appear visually. But in fact other names still exist.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leniorcortivo 

Some ideas.

First of all, RLS cannot achieve this, because in your data, the second row of records belongs to test2@test.com, the third row belongs to test3@test.com, but for row-level security(rls), filters restrict data at the row level. 

So if you want to use RLS to "hide" other users' names, you need change your datasource like this, then you can use USERPRINCIPALNAME() funcion 

vxiaotang_0-1652065750518.png

this is the first way, or you can use conditional formatting to hide. By this way, you can make other users' names white so they don't appear visually. But in fact other names still exist.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.