Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djbc1986
Frequent Visitor

Hide Right Click Context Menu

Hi there.

I've been asked about the possibility to control the Right-Click Context Menu. The idea is to avoid users to use it instead of the options present on every chart when want to navigate/drill on the hierarchies.

Capture.JPG

Is it possible to reach this in Power BI? I looked for a possible solution, but so far nothing seems to be available.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @djbc1986 ,

The right click option on the visuals is something that comes as a feature in Power BI. It is currently not possible to disable it.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

As @Anonymous says you can disable the visual headers as he shows.

You cannot however disable the right click menu as far as i know but you can vote for a similar idea

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a look in the Format pane for the matrix/table visual.  You can control each individual element of the context menu individually, or you can switch it off all together.

The confusing bit is that it always shows in Power BI Desktop, but when you publish it to the service, then you will notice that the options kick in and will only display what you tell it to.

Hope this helps:

Annotation 2020-02-17 163518.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.