Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide Hierarchy Levels

Hi, 

I need help. I created a hierarchy in the backend (tabular), and created two levels. But I just want to see only the "Intercompany" level, because it is the only one that has values in level 2.

When I filter in power BI, to remove the blanks from the other levels (level 1) they disappear. The problem is in the visual, that even if it does not have values in level 2 it will always appear blank? or is not parent-to-child, only Intercompany

I just want one level to appear for the ICs, and the others do not have a level, can not expand.

Photo 1.PNGPhoto 2.PNG

Something like this:
Photo 3.PNG              -->          Photo 4.PNG 

Best regards. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

There is a workaround indeed based on the scenario 2. Please follow the instruction in the snapshot.

Hide_Hierarchy_Levels2

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

There could be two scenarios. Please refer to the snapshot and the demo in the attachment.

1. These fields are all on one table. Actually, they all have values that are nulls.

2. These fields are on two different tables. They connect with each other by relationship. I would suggest you adjust your data model and try this scenario.

Hide_Hierarchy_Levels

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

Thanks for your help. The scenario 1 it's what I have right now. The second scenario, only have the intercompany (1st and 2nd level). 
I need a solution that shows all values for level 1 and values for level 2 but only for Intercompany (level 1). 
Something like that: 
Photo 4.PNG 

The values are all in the same table. Maybe this is the way as the visual works, I just would like to check if there is some workaround that we can use. Do you think you can help me to find out the perfect solution for this issue.

Many Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards

Hi @Anonymous,

There is a workaround indeed based on the scenario 2. Please follow the instruction in the snapshot.

Hide_Hierarchy_Levels2

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi .. what is the solution for scenario 1? I am really in need of it
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! did you ever came up with a solution for scenario 1? I am interest in knowing what the solution is. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.