Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bgarland
Helper I
Helper I

Hide Field in Matrix

Hi all. I had to add in the field for fiscal period (month) number in order to get my fiscal months to sort properly. But how do I hide that number field? It's not needed for display, just sorting. 

2018-08-01_132123.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bgarland

To sort the month name, you dont have to include the number in the visual. Assuming your month name and number both objects from same table.

From the field tab, click on Month Name, go to Modelling-> Sort by -> Select Month No.

You visual will be sorted accordingly.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bgarland

To sort the month name, you dont have to include the number in the visual. Assuming your month name and number both objects from same table.

From the field tab, click on Month Name, go to Modelling-> Sort by -> Select Month No.

You visual will be sorted accordingly.

Thanks

Raj

Thanks. That may not work in the long term as other visuals may require different sorting, but that soves my problem for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.