Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdhn
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hide External URL

Hello All,

Using Power Bi desktop. 

I created a Dashbaord.  One of the button take user out to external web site.

I do not want user to see the external URL.  

What to do?  Help will be appreciated. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @sdhn ,

If I understand your query correctly, one the user clicks the button a web page opens in the browser something like below: 

You don't want user to see the url link in the browser as highlighted below. Right?

Pragati11_0-1628700202831.png

If that's the case, I don't think you can drive this visibility from Power BI as it is an external website.

Power BI just gives the user a capability to open a webpage in browser. It doesn't control the URL shown in the bowser.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
water-guy-5
Helper III
Helper III

Hello,

Instead of showing a link, you can go under the Format pane (the rolling paintbrush under Visualizations) and under 'Values" there is an option to turn on URL icon. That way, a small icon button will be diaplyed instead of your URL.

I hope this helps, if so, please accept this as a solution.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @sdhn ,

Can you add some screenshots as details here please?

It's hard to understand your question.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

sdhn
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi Pragati

I meant,

here is an example: ( use fake site)

There is a Button , if user click on button it will take user www.oracle.com/linux/dnnote   (external site)

I want when user click on Button , it will take to the external web site but without displaying URL.

May be just "dnnote "

Everything under the site is beneficial for us but we do not want to show the website address.

Thanks 

HI @sdhn ,

If I understand your query correctly, one the user clicks the button a web page opens in the browser something like below: 

You don't want user to see the url link in the browser as highlighted below. Right?

Pragati11_0-1628700202831.png

If that's the case, I don't think you can drive this visibility from Power BI as it is an external website.

Power BI just gives the user a capability to open a webpage in browser. It doesn't control the URL shown in the bowser.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.