Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide Blanks Values in Matrix - Hierarchy

Hi all, 

I want to hid the blank values. I use this metric: 

blanks = IF(MAX('Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 5 Name])<>BLANK(),1)

and put it in the visual filter level. But I want to replicate it to the remaining levels. 

I put this metric:

blanks = IF(MAX('Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 5 Name])<>BLANK(),1) &&
        IF(MAX('Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 6 Name])<>BLANK(),1) &&
        IF(MAX('Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 7 Name])<>BLANK(),1) &&
        IF(MAX('Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 8 Name])<>BLANK(),1) &&
        IF(MAX('Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 9 Name])<>BLANK(),1) &&
        IF(MAX('Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 10 Name])<>BLANK(),1)

but it didn't work. Any suggestion ?

Kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

You may try to create a measure to get the correct total value.For example:

Measure = 
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( Table3[Column2] )
        && MAX ( Table3[Column2] ) <> BLANK (),
    SUM ( Table3[Value] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table3[Value] ), ALL ( Table3[Column2] ) )
)

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
wes-verh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Please consider voting to my idea to add this option to the Matrix visual:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Ideas/Hide-empty-hierarchy-levels-in-Matrix-visual/i...

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

You may try below measure:

blanks =
IF (
    MAX ( 'Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 5 Name] )
        <> BLANK ()
        && MAX ( 'Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 6 Name] )
            <> BLANK ()
        && MAX ( 'Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 7 Name] )
            <> BLANK (),
)

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cherch-msft 

Thanks for your solution, it's works but there are fields of certain levels of the hierarchy that disappear me :\. 

Once again, thanks! 

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you explain more about your expected output?I cannot fully understand it.

blanks =
IF (
    MAX ( 'Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 5 Name] )
        <> BLANK ()
        || MAX ( 'Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 6 Name] )
            <> BLANK ()
        || MAX ( 'Performance Indicator Hierarchy'[Performance Indicator Hierarchy Level 7 Name] )
            <> BLANK (),
)

Regards,

Cherie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cherch-msft ,

It's a flattened hierarchy, for example without measure I get this: 

Photo 1.PNG
but when I put the measure I get this:
Photo 2.PNG

The values ​​change, and brand marketing, for example, also disappears.

If you need more information, please tell me and thank you very much to try help me.

Kind regards. 

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you  share a simplified sample and your expected output?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cherch-msft 

I want to apply the same method that exists in the analysis service, the option "hide blank members":
photo 3.jpg
I just want to remove the blanks: 
Photo 1.PNG
and if apply the metric, as you can compare, the brand marketing record (for example) disappears, and the values ​​change. (Brand Marketing: -499.39 to -0.89)
Photo 2.PNG

I tried to make a replace values ​​for null, but i didn't succeed. 

Kind regards. 

Hi,

I have te same problem, how did you fix this?

Hi @Anonymous 

You may try to create a measure to get the correct total value.For example:

Measure = 
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( Table3[Column2] )
        && MAX ( Table3[Column2] ) <> BLANK (),
    SUM ( Table3[Value] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table3[Value] ), ALL ( Table3[Column2] ) )
)

1.png

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Is possible apply this solution for more hierarchies columns?

For example adding one culumn

Column 1Column 2Column 3Value
aa1a31
aa1 2
aa2a43
a a44
ab1 2
a b32
ab1 3
ab2b44

Could anyone answer this? I have the same problem, the blank spaces are sometimes in the middle of the hierarchy.. 😕

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.