Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chorri21
Frequent Visitor

Hidden tables

Greetings,
I was wondering, if I am about to create a report in powerBI desktop, and I import several tables (from MS Azure in my case) and while doing my report lets suppose I hide a few tables because I don't need them. When I finally create the needed dashboard and upload it, will these hidden tables later update with new data as well? I am considering this question because of the limit for the free version users which is 1GB.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Chorri21,

Yes the hidden tables will still refresh, unless you have specifically set them not to in the Query Editor,

However the data in these tables will still count towards your 1GB file size limit.

Does that help?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Chorri21

You can hide tables visibility but the data in table still occupies space. So I don't think you can bypass the 1GB storage limitation.

Check the storage usage details by clicking this Manage your data capacity (storage).

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Chorri21,

Yes the hidden tables will still refresh, unless you have specifically set them not to in the Query Editor,

However the data in these tables will still count towards your 1GB file size limit.

Does that help?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.