Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

migoyafe
Regular Visitor

Hidden Slicers

I used a slicer, and undre the View menu, I selected the Sync Slicers options. I then turned off the visibility of the slicer in all of the pages of my report. 

I now need to find that slicer but can't! I'm trying to find an option that shows all the slicers at once, or something like that, so that I can get rid of that slicer once and for all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

in the view window, you can open the selection pane, where you can check all the objects in the apge and the right of the list, you will be able to see if an object is hidden or not, if it is hidden you can click on the eye it will appear at the page.
greetings!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ha! I was wondering how to get back the filter I just hid. Your comment saved me! 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

in the view window, you can open the selection pane, where you can check all the objects in the apge and the right of the list, you will be able to see if an object is hidden or not, if it is hidden you can click on the eye it will appear at the page.
greetings!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is.... If the slicer is hidden then it doesnt appear on the page to select in the first place. The view slicers only shows thos slicers selected!

How can one find a hidden slicer when you cant see it?

Martin

Hi Ember,

I had the similar issue, I downloaded two Images Forward and Backward (show and hide purpose), 

mention below is the step by step guide for this issue also find the video for this solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjY6bcyMg4

1. Place both the images side by side 
  2. Create Two Bookmarks (Show Slicer and Hide Slicer) 
  3. Select Image 1 (Backward Image)
  4. Goto Format Image => Action "Type = Bookmark", "Bookmark = Hide Slicer"
  5. In the Selection pane hide the Image 1(Backward Image) 
  6. Select image 2 Forward Image
  7. Goto Format Image => Action "Type = Bookmark"; "Bookmark = Show Slicer"
  8. In the Selection pane hide the Image 1 (Forward Image) and hide the Slicer (by clicking on the eye)
  9.  On Both the Bookmarks created (select the image) click on the show slicer elipces ... and select update.

TIP* place the image on top of each other.

Step by Step on Show and Hide Slicer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjY6bcyMg4

Regards,

Muhammad 

Hello, what do I have to do, that my Slicer Selection remains, after hiding them? I mean: I create These bookmarks, everything is working fine. But when I do a selection on a slicer and press then the hide button, all slicers are unselected. My aim is: The user can "Show all Slicers", do his selection, then press on "hide slicers" and the selection remains, so that he has the report in a bigger view.

Hi Martin

If you are looking for all active slicers and layers to your data set, or want to unhide a hidden slicer, all slicers are visible if you click on the View tab and tick the Selection Pane.  This opens to the right of your data sheet as a list.  I hope this is of use to you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors