cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrooney Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

HelpDesk data - how to show all data for a month in the year

Hi, real beginner to this.

I've got all of my data loaded and it includes columns such as date opened, date resolved etc. What I'm having a challenge with is displaying all of the data from a specific week/month/year. If I choose to filter or use a splitter to show all calls opened in Jan, the calls resolved figure will not be correct as the data will only show that which is on the same line as a call opened in Jan. Same if I choose to split by calls resolved dates.

What I'm trying to get is a flat date splitter/filter where it will simply say all data from January 2016 for example. Then I could accurately see that this many lines have a Jan open date and this many a Jan resolved, giving accurate figures for the month.

Hope that makes sense to someone - seems really complicated to explain but I guess to summarise I'm looking for a calendar splitter at a high level, for the data to then be pulled onto.

Thanks everyone
5 REPLIES 5
tringuyenminh92 New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: HelpDesk data - how to show all data for a month in the year

Hi @Mrooney,

As my understand, you want to show calculation of value for same period of Open date and Resolve date. I think you should refer topic side by side role-playing in power bi 

The idea is having same date table for display but calculation will be computed by specific relationship of kind of date (open/resolve)

If it's not what you are expecting, please share me sample data and your expectation as picture. So I could quickly figure out solution.

Mrooney Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Untitled.png

Image attached of dummy data - hope this helps

Mrooney Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The bottom line on the image above is a perfect example of a call which was opened in one month and closed in another

Super User
Super User

i would consult the article posted by tringuyenminh92 - what you want is to do calculations on your dates to provide the side by side analysis of the dates.  This will probably mean you need to acquire a slighly more complex understanding of how dax works.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.
Proud a to be a Datanaut!
Mrooney Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

You're right, as I've no idea where to start - will review the article

Thanks