Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leejoel
Helper I
Helper I

Help with table not displaying '0' value

I have a table displaying customer claims (OPEN and CLOSED). Currently for the year, there are no OPEN claims and 27 CLOSED claims. The table is only displaying the 27 CLOSED claims because there are technically no values to show for OPEN. I'd like the table to show a count of both OPEN (0) and CLOSED (27).

The calculation I am using right now to get the numbers is simple, I'm guessing there is a more robust way that will show '0' when it applies, but I can't seem to figure out how:

ACTUAL = COUNT('CLAIMS'[INCIDENT_ID]

table.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@leejoel you need to create separate table for status and then it will work, see attached,  I created a sample pbix file, change it as per your need

image.png

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
leejoel
Helper I
Helper I

@az38and @aj1973 Attached is a sample report around what I am trying to do. Even though there are no Open claims I would still like to display the 'Open' field and '0' value. This is pulling directly from a database so it does work when values are present, but when no value is present then it is completely omit from the report and I don't like that.

I tried to attach the source file but I don't know how to do that...

DATE   CUSTOMER_CLAIMS   TARGET #   ACTUAL #   WEEK   INCIDENT_ID

5/15/2020 12:49:49 PM

Closed

5/12/2020 12:49:49 PM

Closed

5/12/2020 12:49:49 PM

Closed

5/1/2020 12:49:49 PM

Closed

4/22/2020 12:49:49 PM

Closed

4/1/2020 12:49:49 PM

Closed

4/1/2020 12:49:49 PM

Closed

3/25/2020 12:49:49 PM

Closed

3/5/2020 12:49:49 PM

Closed

Closed

Closed

Closed

pic.png

@leejoel you need to create separate table for status and then it will work, see attached,  I created a sample pbix file, change it as per your need

image.png

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2kThat works! You have no idea how much time I've spent messing around with this. You are a life saver.

@leejoel oh my pleasure! Glad I could help. All the best!

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @leejoel 

Try using COUNTAX instead with the expression when it is CLOSE and OPEN.

https://dax.guide/countax/

As i became not sure what exactly you want to achieve, it would be better if you provide me with a dummy PBIX file! you need to provide it through Dropbox or Google Drive...there is no way to attach it in here

Thanks 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, 

Your formula is counting all the rows in the table through 'INCIDENT_ID', so it is not taking into consideration the rows that contains OPEN and the rows that contain CLOSE. And since in the table there is no OPEN rows so you don't see the count. Therefore you need to add conditions to your formula and maybe use CALCULATE or IF functions.

Can you show me the structure of your table so i can be more helpfull!  

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Thanks, you are exactly right and I'm glad you understand the issue. Give me 20 mins and I will remake the data without any proprietary info and submit it here for you guys to look at.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @leejoel 

ACTUAL = COUNT('CLAIMS'[INCIDENT_ID]) + 0

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Thanks. I did try this but the table still does not display any value for OPEN.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@leejoel 

it depends on data model, maybe your counct calculation is wrong.

maybe you should try smth like

ACTUAL = 
var _cnt = COUNT('CLAIMS'[INCIDENT_ID]) 

RETURN
if(ISBLANK(_cnt), 0, _cnt)

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.