Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fishboy96
Frequent Visitor

Help with summing accounts with different date ranges

Hello friends,

I'm struggling with how to deal with an accounting report that contains accounts with different date ranges.  I have a master DIM of accounts, and about half of them are only valid for FY20.  The other half of the list of accounts are valid for multiple FY's.  Is there a "simple" way to apply a condition so that I can apply measures to all accounts taking the date into consideration? 

I haven't tried applying a column that would be used to test for an IF condition but that would be a workaround.  I'm more interested in trying to learn whether DAX can do this... 🙂

Thanks!!!

George

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fishboy96 

You might consider creating pbix file that will contain some sample data (remove the confidential info), upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link to the file. Please do not forget to describe the expected results based on this sample data.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.