Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with some DAX

I have this measure that is working properly, but now management wants this value (percentage) shown either on a line graph or bar chart for trending and forecast purposes.

This is the measure that gets me a numerator(then I get the total for that day for the denominator): SDNDR = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(qryGetMEWO),qryGetMEWO[DaysToResponse]>=0,qryGetMEWO[DaysToResponse]<2) and then from those two figures I get a measured percentage.

How do I translate that formula into a daily figure?  So if my manager wants to see the past 30 days, 3 months, year, etc, he can use the slicer to do so?  I have been trying to wrap my head around this an I am not quite there yet.  Right now I am creating a new table with dates and it is getting the current daily counts and I was going to do a column for the SDNDR count then divide the two to get a daily percentage I can trend against.

Thanks for the help and information

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Chihiro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I don't think you need to change anything for the measure, assuming that you have Datetime/Date column in the table.

Create Date Dimension table using either DAX calendar function(s) or using "M" in query editor.

Relate the date columns, making sure Dimension is used as primary.

Plot chart using Dimension date column as axis. Use your calculated measure as value.

Then add either timeline slicer or regular slicer as control.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chihiro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I don't think you need to change anything for the measure, assuming that you have Datetime/Date column in the table.

Create Date Dimension table using either DAX calendar function(s) or using "M" in query editor.

Relate the date columns, making sure Dimension is used as primary.

Plot chart using Dimension date column as axis. Use your calculated measure as value.

Then add either timeline slicer or regular slicer as control.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.