Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

siddrow
Helper III
Helper III

Help with refreshing in PBI desktop and PBI dashboard

Hi

I have a published dashboard that pulls data from Microsoft Lists. There have been changes made in one of the MS lists a few days ago, however my PBI dashboard is not reflecting this. My dashboard is set to auto refresh every day, every 2 hrs. When I went into PBI desktop to check if there were any issues, it also doesn't show the updated data. Shouldn't the auto refresh on the dashboard pull the data directly from the MS lists and update it? Why would I need to go into PBI desktop and hit refresh for the changes to reflect in the dashboard?

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@siddrow , You need to configure refresh on power bi service, so that data get refreshed automatically on service.

On desktop, you need to refresh to check the changes

Hi

The changes made in MS lists did not reflect in Power BI service. I already have scheduled refresh set in Power BI service. I just went into PBI desktop and did a refresh and then published the dashboard, and now Power BI service is updated. I have never had this issue before, it has always pulled the new data from the MS lists with the auto refresh in PBO service (without me going into PBI desktop to do the refresh).

So I was just wondering if there is some other setting I need to potentially check. All my data source credentials are fine too.

These are my current settings. It is only greyed out at the moment as there is another auto refresh happening right now. 

siddrow_0-1656052599945.png

Hi, @siddrow 

Are there any hints in the refresh history?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi

Nothing in there - just had a failed refresh but well before this issue started happening, whichI fixed and rescheduled refresh again after it happened. Everything else after that was completed without any issues. Will just keep an eye on it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.