cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwpbi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Help with publishing to Power BI

I have completed my project using Power BI Desktop, and I would now like to publish it to share with others in my company. I click "Publish" button, a dailog comes up and says "Success!", and then I click the link in the dialog that says "Open 'AAP_METRICS_R-.pbix' in Power BI.

When Power BI comes up in my browser, it has the following error message: "Sorry, we couldn't find that report. It may have been deleted or you may not have access to view it."

I created it, and I am the only one who has ever worked on it. So I can't imagine it being an access issue? I have tried it several times with the same results. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveCampbell Established Member
Established Member

Re: Help with publishing to Power BI

This can happen sometimes if you have multiple accounts, or if your default browser is different to the one you usually use and are signed into another account.

Can you find the report if you:

• navigate to app.powerbi.com 
  • go to the workspoace you published to
  • Expand the workspace, and look under reports

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SteveCampbell Established Member
Established Member

Re: Help with publishing to Power BI

This can happen sometimes if you have multiple accounts, or if your default browser is different to the one you usually use and are signed into another account.

Can you find the report if you:

• navigate to app.powerbi.com 
  • go to the workspoace you published to
  • Expand the workspace, and look under reports

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 330 members 3,248 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: