Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jjak
Frequent Visitor

Help with odata filter usage

Hello,

i am trying to get data from dynamics NAV via odata. I am able to retrieve data from our test system, but I have several questions regarding the usage of odata in power bi.

1. I need to get data from different odata web services (projects, work_orders, sales_orders and projectplan). The projects odata service  is already filtered and delivers round about 20-30 project numbers which should be a parameter for the calls of the other odata services. How can I achieve this?

If I simply get all data from the work_order oder sales_order odata service the call takes to way much time, so I want to filter the call in the odata url.

2. How can I call the odata feeds sequentially? First I need the project numbers, then decide for which project I want to get the other data and then call the next odata service with the correct filter applied. How can I do this? Or is it even possible?

best regards!

2 REPLIES 2
jjak
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your answer, but the offical blogs do not help here. I am already able to create the data source, but I do not know how to filter it dynamically based on values from another data source. The blogs do not answer that.

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jjak ,

I hope the offical blogs could help you solve your issue.

For reference:

Using Dynamics NAV as a Power BI Data Source

Viewing List Data in Power BI Reports in Dynamics NAV

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.