Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kaalbartje2
Frequent Visitor

Help with my linechart comparison the years

Hello,

earlier when I created a linechart with the samen dataset I was easily able to make a linechart with the comparison of the different years. Now it shows this year and it completes the year with data from the last year.

That's is not what I wanted and had earlier.

In another dataset it works as I wanted. But I can not see what I'm doing wrong.

Kaalbartje2_0-1664912653292.png

I didn't change any of the query and the settings in the PowerBI. When I reopend it after a while it looked as above. I didn't have to use any calculations.

Using this dataset as an exemple:

let
Bron = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://data.rivm.nl/covid-19/COVID-19_aantallen_gemeente_per_dag.csv"),[Delimiter=";", Columns=12, Encoding=65001, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),
#"Headers met verhoogd niveau" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Bron, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Type gewijzigd" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Headers met verhoogd niveau",{{"Version", Int64.Type}, {"Date_of_report", type datetime}, {"Date_of_publication", type date}, {"Municipality_code", type text}, {"Municipality_name", type text}, {"Province", type text}, {"Security_region_code", type text}, {"Security_region_name", type text}, {"Municipal_health_service", type text}, {"ROAZ_region", type text}, {"Total_reported", Int64.Type}, {"Deceased", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Type gewijzigd"

With the colom date_of_publication on the x and Total Reported on the Y.

Please help what I'm doing different/wrong

Greetings Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Kaalbartje2 

If you sort the data table in ascending order by Date_of_publication, you can find that the data before 2021-10 is missing.

veasonfmsft_0-1664962353297.png

You can see this clearly if you plot a line chart based on year and month.

veasonfmsft_1-1664963005918.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Kaalbartje2 

If you sort the data table in ascending order by Date_of_publication, you can find that the data before 2021-10 is missing.

veasonfmsft_0-1664962353297.png

You can see this clearly if you plot a line chart based on year and month.

veasonfmsft_1-1664963005918.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

You're right. Hmmz what is going wrong with the open dataset.

Tnx for your insight. Then is the correct way what I'm doing but there is no data to compare.

Tnx again

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kaalbartje2 , To me seem like you have FY, That start from Oct ANd you are using FY as legend and Month on axis and you visual is filtered on calendar year =2021 .

Please stop interaction with calendar year slicer or add two years

How Interactions Work- Split Page using interactions to compare - https://youtu.be/GIfRKzhMaR4

Tnx for your answer.

There is no filter/slicer active:

Kaalbartje2_0-1664963470471.png

Pure raw data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.