Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jaunkalns
Frequent Visitor

Help with measures

Hi,

I am experimenting with Power BI and wanted to find out a certain functionality.

I downloaded the NFL individual players statistics (all in one query with each year in the next row) from 2005 till 2017 and wanted to compare the development of a players performance. That is, for example, by what percentage did a Quarterbacks passing yardage change comparing years 2014 and 2015. 

What could be the possible ways to achive such a measure?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Jaunkalns,

"for example, by what percentage did a Quarterbacks passing yardage change comparing years 2014 and 2015. "

<--- Could you please clarify more details about your requirement and share some sample data for further test?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Yes, please see the sample table below.

I wish to see the development of a players passing yards in comparison to their previous season (This Season-Last Season/Last season).

So, for example, we can see that Sam Bradford missed 2015 with an injury, so there is no development for 2016.

Maybe there is a way to achieve this? 

Test.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.