Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with measurement

Hi, 

I want to calculate the amount of closing hours for a ticket but is filtered with "is a workday". 

The current measurement we use is this one, which calculates the amount of closing days, but I want closing hours.

Closing hours exclude weekends = CALCULATE(sum('Snow Calendar'[Is a workday]);
FILTER('Snow Calendar';
'Snow Calendar'[Date] >= FIRSTDATE('SNOW(sn_sm_finance_request)'[sys_created_on].[Date]) &&
'Snow Calendar'[Date] < LASTDATE('SNOW(sn_sm_finance_request)'[u_resolved_on].[Date]))) 

We also have this measurement, which calculates the closing hours, but is including weekends and is not calculating the working hours of a workday.

Closing hours = DATEDIFF([sys_created_on]; 'SNOW(sn_sm_finance_request)'[u_resolved_on]; HOUR)

The the columns we use is:

- 'SNOW(sn_sm_finance_request)'[sys_created_on] (returns the value when the ticket was opened with date and time)

'SNOW(sn_sm_finance_request)'[u_resolved_on] (returns the value when the ticket was closed with date and time)

- 'SNOW Calendar'[Is a workday] (return what a workday is. The function we use for this is:)

Is a workday = SWITCH(
WEEKDAY('Snow Calendar'[Date];2);
6;0;
7;0;
1)

- 'SNOW Calendar'[Date] (returns all dates from 2015 until now)

Snow Calendar = CALENDAR(DATE(2015;1;1); NOW()) 

I really hope you can help me with this. If you need some more information or want me to change any existing measurement like the "Is a workday" please let me know. 

Regards

Albin

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Please provide sample data and expected result as suggested in this blog so that we can try to reproduce a similar scenario and test for you.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @v-yulgu-msft,

Of course, I will provide better information.

Just to clarify, a workday is from 9-17 every day except weekends. 

Here are the three most important columns, which I think.

number.PNGsys_created_on.PNGu_resolved_on.PNG 

Every number here was created (sys_created_on) and resolved at some point (u_resolved_on).

I want two different calculations:

- One calculation for the open hours for a ticket from it has been created until now and includes the workday. Therefore, it only calculates the time between 9-17 and ignores weekends (notice that I did not write this in the original post. This is something I needed to create today due to a request).

- Another calculation for the closing hours from when it was created until when it was resolved. Which includes a workday. Same as above from 9-17 and ignores weekends.

Hope this clarifies something. 

Regards 

Albin

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

I think this is a similar problem, have a read and if you need help adjusting let me know
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Working-hours-without-non-working-hours-no-weekends-and-no/...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Stachu,

I'm sorry for the late replay, but I've been out of office and couldn't replay.

I tried this and took a look, but there where some things I didin't really get from this post. 

I copied it into my Power BI and changed the columns to mine. 

But there appiered some errors. Non of the VAR function didn't work (it showed a red error text under the VAR) , as well as when a VAR calculation was placed in another VAR function. For exmple this (the red text shows where it errored): 

VAR DaysInScope =
    FILTER (
        'Calendar',
        'Calendar'[Date] >= INT ( 'Table'[date_started] )
            && 'Calendar'[Date] < INT ( ComparisonDate )
            && 'Calendar'[WorkingDays] = 1
RETURN
    COUNTROWS ( DaysInScope ) * 8
        + HourDifference

I didn't either find any information about the WorkingDays column (blue text). Therefore, I didn't understand what to replace it with.

If you could clarify this for me it would be great and I can test the function again.

Regards 

Albin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.