Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

badger123
Resolver I
Resolver I

Help with measure

Hello,

Hoping someone can help with this. I have tried to simplify my problem with some dummy tables (see pbix file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1emMTSkXIrs0D8ZIjVURqC0yLf_70Ma3k/view?usp=sharing). 

I have a table with items and terms - items can have overlapping terms in which case the term is duplicated. I am using items as a slicer (from table 3) to work in an exclude manner, so if an item is selected (e.g. item two) then all item two terms are excluded (see measure 1). The values are then summed for the remaining terms (see measure 2).

Measure1 = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table3'[Term ID]), CROSSFILTER(Table3[Term ID], Table1[Term ID], both))
Measure 2 = IF(isblank([Measure1]),SUM(Table2[Values]), BLANK())

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNGCapture4.PNG

What I am trying (and failing) to do is to apply this logic to other calculations without having the term field in the table visual. Specifically, how can I sum up the values against items based on the terms that haven't been excluded / selected. For example, based on selecting item two in the slicer, this is what I would like to achieve in a table visual:

ItemValues
item one3930
item three2550

I've been trying to make a measure using summarize, filter, but have had no luck! Any advice appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @badger123 ,

I don't think you can direct use above formula on your scenario.

You need to change relationship to break auto exist filter, then use current date to filter on correspond team id from other table and use extract id list as filter condition.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @badger123 ,

AFAIK, power bi slicers not support 'exclude' mode. You can refer to following steps to achieve exclude filter effect.
Steps:
1. Turn off relationship from 'table 3' to 'table 1'.
2. Write a measure to compare between records and summarize related values:

Exclude measure =
VAR _exIDList =
    EXCEPT (
        CALCULATETABLE ( VALUES ( Table1[Term ID] ), ALLSELECTED ( Table1 ) ),
        VALUES ( Table3[Term ID] )
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Table2[Values] ),
        FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table2 ), Table2[Term ID] IN _exIDList ),
        VALUES ( Table1[Term] )
    )

14.png

15.png

Notice: if you not turn off relationship, your records will been filtered by auto exist function.

Understanding DAX Auto-Exist

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Amazing, thanks @v-shex-msft . That works. Do you know how I can sum the values broken down by date fromTable 2? I.e. achieve the following (based on selecting item two in slicer):

DateValues
Jan-191450
Feb-191180
Mar-191300

Hi @badger123 ,

I don't think you can direct use above formula on your scenario.

You need to change relationship to break auto exist filter, then use current date to filter on correspond team id from other table and use extract id list as filter condition.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.