Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skitovich
Helper I
Helper I

Help with graphing

Good afternoon. I would be very grateful if you help with one question. In general, there are graphs shown in the first figure. When choosing a manager, only the selected manager is shown on the slice. When choosing two managers (Fig. 2), their comparison is shown. The question is this. How to make sure that their sum is displayed, that is, one line when no manager on the slice is selected. The slice is highlighted in the photo. I will be very grateful. I rack my brains for a long time.1.jpg2.jpg3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

After trying some things i came up with a solution, I don't know if it's the best possible solution, but it seems to work for me.

First i added a new custom column to your existing table with managers, with all values being "all"

ifnotfiltered = "all"

managertable.png

Then I created a new table, with all the distinct managers and an extra row for "all": 

filtertable = UNION(CALCULATETABLE(DISTINCT('Table'[manager])); ROW("manager"; "all"))

filtertable.PNG

Then in the model window i created two relationships:

- 'filtertable'[manager] > 'Table'[Manager] 

- 'filtertable'[manager] > 'Table'[ifnotfiltered]

managermodel.PNG

Then create a measure that checks if the manager is filtered or not, if there is a filter we use the regular relationship, else we use the second relationship where the manager is "all"

isfiltered = if(ISFILTERED('Table'[manager]); CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]) ; USERELATIONSHIP('Table'[manager]; filtertable[manager])) ;CALCULATE( SUM('Table'[value]); USERELATIONSHIP('Table'[ifnotfiltered]; filtertable[manager])))

Use this measure as the Values of your charts. & it should be working.

graphfiltered.PNGgraphnotfiltered.PNG

note: Due to my regional settings I use ' ; ' instead of ' , ' so maybe you need to change the semicolons to comma's in your measures

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

After trying some things i came up with a solution, I don't know if it's the best possible solution, but it seems to work for me.

First i added a new custom column to your existing table with managers, with all values being "all"

ifnotfiltered = "all"

managertable.png

Then I created a new table, with all the distinct managers and an extra row for "all": 

filtertable = UNION(CALCULATETABLE(DISTINCT('Table'[manager])); ROW("manager"; "all"))

filtertable.PNG

Then in the model window i created two relationships:

- 'filtertable'[manager] > 'Table'[Manager] 

- 'filtertable'[manager] > 'Table'[ifnotfiltered]

managermodel.PNG

Then create a measure that checks if the manager is filtered or not, if there is a filter we use the regular relationship, else we use the second relationship where the manager is "all"

isfiltered = if(ISFILTERED('Table'[manager]); CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]) ; USERELATIONSHIP('Table'[manager]; filtertable[manager])) ;CALCULATE( SUM('Table'[value]); USERELATIONSHIP('Table'[ifnotfiltered]; filtertable[manager])))

Use this measure as the Values of your charts. & it should be working.

graphfiltered.PNGgraphnotfiltered.PNG

note: Due to my regional settings I use ' ; ' instead of ' , ' so maybe you need to change the semicolons to comma's in your measures

Thanks. I will try and be sure to give feedback

Doesn't work. Send you a private message

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.