Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brunofs123
Frequent Visitor

Help with final balance (stock calculation)

Hello fellow pbi users!

My dataset is here 

I need to calculate dynamically the qty stock left in my inventory and $ total amount of this inventory left :

units remaning of that product * unit price of it  (which is the last unit price of that last SALE).

I have a calendar table connected with a fact table

I wanna show it in a table, dynamically changed by DATES.

Problems:

1) the total is wrong

The "correct" $ total would be $44.810

2) I'm struggling to find the "remaning" measure correct. For instance, if you select dates from 21-04-2019, the remaining for POSMIL product will be NEGATIVE. 

I know why is wrong, just dont know how to fix it 😃

I've tried with an calculated column using EARLIER approach, but didnt work out. I've 

I was able to get to the result with a SUMMARIZECOLUMN new table, but i didnt like that approach:

Remaning CC wrong = SUMX(FILTER(Total;Total[DATE]<=EARLIER(Total[DATE]));Total[QTY BOUGHT] - Total[QTY SOLD])

Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @brunofs123 ,

I still have a little confused about your scenario.

For your first problem, I cannot understand that why the correct total is 44.810, could you explain it?

In addition, for your sceond problem, it seems that the remaining for POSMIL product should be -100 based on your data sample. What is your desired output?

Capture.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there!

1) For your first problem, I cannot understand that why the correct total is 44.810, could you explain it?

With no filter dates applied, i would have:

Capturar1.PNG

My inventory balance [$ IN STOCK LEFT]  should be the price bought for the item * units i have LEFT of that item

I think in my measure it was incorrect. I've changed like below:

unit price last BUY = CALCULATE(MAX(Total[UNITY VALUE]);Total[TIPO]= "BUY";
FILTER (
ALLSELECTED( 'Calendario'[Date] );
'Calendario'[Date] <= MAX( Calendario[Date] )
))

But it still results in not expected value:

Capturar2.PNG

2)  it seems that the remaining for POSMIL product should be -100 based on your data sample. What is your desired output?

Should be 300: 

Capturar3.PNG

Bought: 300 on 09-04-19
Sold: 100 only on 25-04-19, so my balance is still 300 on 21-04-2019.

I kinda feel dumb right now because the measure it's poorly written. I should have make a accumulated sum. 

Thanks for your patience!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.