Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

deniselias
Frequent Visitor

Help with equal values

Hello guys,

I need help with a situation:

A table with a currency data source contains 11 rows but I cannot remove duplicates, my need is to take the first row only because the expression is adding up all 11 rows.

I using the following expression and this is my currency data: (I can't leave a line just)

deniselias_0-1620684176144.png

And this is the calculation displayed:

deniselias_1-1620684459935.png

Could I somehow use ALLEXCEPT or DISTINCT or DISTINCTCOUNT or COUNTROWS?

Thanks

@v-yiruan-msft 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @deniselias 

I am not sure how you wrote your current measure, but please try writing something like below.

New measure =
SUMX (
VALUES ( [the column that you are using in your current measure] ),
[your current measure]
)

Or, please share your sample pbix file's link here, then I can try to look into it to come up with a more accurate measure.

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @deniselias 

I am not sure how you wrote your current measure, but please try writing something like below.

New measure =
SUMX (
VALUES ( [the column that you are using in your current measure] ),
[your current measure]
)

Or, please share your sample pbix file's link here, then I can try to look into it to come up with a more accurate measure.

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.