cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nunnc01
Helper I
Helper I

Help with designing report - struggling!!

Hi,

I'm hoping someone might me able to offer some suggestions on how best to achieve my report requirements as I'm struggling to get anything to work well.

I have to produce a one page 16:9 summary of approx 35 measures coming from 12 different tables, with each measure split into Red, Amber or Green and ideally the ability to drillthrough to the underlying data on all numbers shown . There needs to be a slicer allowing the user to choose their own team. The attached picture is where I have got to so far.

I've tried so many different visuals and approaches but haven't yet found a way that works quite as I want it to.

Currently I have individual card visuals for each colour on each measure but this means I have over 100 visuals and performance is not great when using the slicer. The Measure title next to the coloured boxes is a link to the page containing the data as I can't do drillthrough on  a card visual.

I tried using Stacked Bar Chart visuals so that I only have 1 visual for each measure rather than 3 but could not get it small enough to fit them all on the page due to the huge amount of padding around the chart. It also wouldn't show data labels for small numbers. Ideally I want all the boxes the same size regardless of the number shown (as I have in the picture).

I tried using the matrix visual but couldn't remove the header and so it takes up to much room. I thought this would work as the boxes are the same size and could be coloured red, amber or green as needed. But unless I can remove the header it just won't work.

I am unable to use dashboards to achieve my requirement as the slicers will not work

I have run out of ideas with regards to what visuals I could use to display what I need without impacting on performance so I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion that helps me.

PBICapture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In matrix there in option Show on row. That will move measure on Row. Check if color formatting is working with that. It will allow lot of measure in small space

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!

In order to fit all the measures in I need my data to show as columns instead of rows I think. The problem I have with the matrix is that I am unable to remove the header.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to design this?

I have reduced my data to just be the minimum number of columns and rows required so not much more I can do in Power Query to make it more efficient I think.

Does anybody else have any ideas with this? Have there been any developments in the last few months that will give me a visual that does what I need?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors