Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SachinC
Helper V
Helper V

Help with data PowerBI Reporting

Hi all,

I have a few issues...

The data I have is around vehicle information - defects that are listed by VRN.

The data I am playing with is fixed into a column as shown below.

What I want to do is group by VRN and report on the <category>.01.<headername>, notice I only need the 01 values only... 

How do I display this in a data grid by using some magic?

My data grid looks horrible as it has repeated values - I need it grouped by VehicleRegistration the repeats taken away.

I look forward to your assistance.

Thank you.

zzzkey_value.JPGzzzdata_grid.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Kristjan76
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi there,

I think you have some options, but it is difficult to help you with such a limited amount of information, i.e. you have not explained how your data model is set up and what you want to achive, or how you arrived to this datagrid. 

One thing that might help you if you only need the rows with ".01." is to filter on those rows in the Query Editor, and then split the columns on ".". Then you should have four columns with <category> <01> <headername> <headername2>, the last two could then be merged into one.

Another approach is to use DAX, where you would iterate the table and if the Key columns contains ".01." (you can use SEARCH)  then you can take some action, SUM, COUNT, etc.

If you can share you file I guess someone can help.

Regards,

Kristjan 

Hi,

As requested, actual data from the table I am using is within this link: https://we.tl/t-7a8W1C3qU5 
Also, I would like to get the table to format to something like this - appreciate I am using other tables to get the Reg, Make, Model etc...:-

zzzvcr.JPG

The data should go through a sequence, i.e. Area, Sub-Area etc...

area_subarea.JPG

Hopefully all makes sense?  I look forward to your response. Thank you!

The link is not working 🙂

Any luck? Thanks.

Hi @SachinC

Your issue is still not very much clear. Can you please explain the issues you have , one by one.

It is better to explain the issue like below example.

"My problem is to get the id number separated from a column which shows the data as below."

My actual data is in a column as below

Column1
Hello12Monday
Hello14Tuesday

The reuslt I need should be

Column1ID No
Hello12Monday12
Hello14Tuesday14

This way you can explanin the issue clearly and instead of pasting the screenshots in the question please consider copying the excel table.

I hope this will lead solving the issue fast.

Regards

Affan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.