Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sufiyanakhtar
Helper I
Helper I

Help with conditional text colors and formatting

Hey power users, 

I have a custom matrix where the data is as following:

sufiyanakhtar_0-1653391125784.png

I have a few requirements for the above table:

1. I want to make the text Gross Profit Margin bold and italic

2. I want the entire row of Gross Profit Margin values to be coloured in diffeent texts based on the value (anything less than 0 is red rest is green)

Please help!

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sufiyanakhtar ,

1. Currently, font formatting for specific fields is not supported. Perhaps you might consider Daniel's suggestion.

2. You need to set the conditional format once for each field. For example, create a measure like this.

Colour = IF([Measure]<0,"Red","Green")

Apply this measure to the conditional format of each field in the visual.

vcgaomsft_0-1653630123403.png

vcgaomsft_1-1653630171196.png

Attached PBIX file for reference. Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Dear V-cgao,

Where do i exactly put this formula?

Colour = IF([Measure]<0,"Red","Green")

Hi @sufiyanakhtar ,

Did my answer help you? If any post is helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution to help other members find it faster. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

Hi @sufiyanakhtar

The [Measure] in the formula is the measure or field to calculate Gross Profit Margin, you need to replace it according to your actual model.

After selecting the visualization for the table, Click on this fx under font color in this visualization pane.

vcgaomsft_1-1653898786835.png

Set up according to the following image.

vcgaomsft_2-1653898925147.png

Set for each field.

vcgaomsft_3-1653899076226.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

daniel79
Resolver II
Resolver II

You can change colors with conditional formatting

daniel79_0-1653492694796.png

Text style, I don't think you can change. Maybe instead of going bold and italic you can do something like a light gray background.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.