Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tobkres
Helper II
Helper II

Help with conditional formatting arrows for KPI

Hey forum!

I am trying to create an arrow KPI with conditional formatting for a matrix, but for some reason, I can't figure it out.

The rules are very simple, but i cannot get it to fit with the conditional formatting rules.

"When percentage is above 0, display up green arrow, when percentage is below 0, display a red down arrow"

The problem is that conditional formatting, cannot go above 100% - but growth can easily exceed 100%. 

What can i do in order to achieve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @tobkres,

On PBI the percentage values are treated has decimal, you need to use the number and not the percentage option when selecting the rules and then use the 0:

MFelix_0-1660661858395.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-table-formatting#color-...

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tobkres
Helper II
Helper II

Is there a way to see the pixels of it, like when you make a cell bigger in excel. 

Now that i have enlarge a single cell, i need to make sure all my cells are the same, but i cannot see pixels when dragging the cell bigger. So i don't know how much to drag the other cells.

Are there a quick way, to make sure all cells are same size in a matrix?

Hi @tobkres ,

No you cannot define it with values of pixels only manually. What I ussually do when I want to assure that the size is the same is to have a rectangle on top and increasing the row size at that size, then moving to the next column and resizing. Just one thing be sure to turn off the auto size  off

It's a stupid work around but nothing better now.

Regards

Miguel Félix

tobkres
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you. 

tobkres
Helper II
Helper II

How do i expand the cell, so percentage is shown besides the number and not below it.

tobkres_0-1660726864807.png

Hi @tobkres ,

On the header of the column if you do an hover you should see a change in the mouse icon thar allows you to expand the column (just like in excel) then you can use the double click or drag and drop.

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @tobkres,

On PBI the percentage values are treated has decimal, you need to use the number and not the percentage option when selecting the rules and then use the 0:

MFelix_0-1660661858395.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-table-formatting#color-...

Regards

Miguel Félix

Thanks a lot!. That worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.