Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jvillela
Regular Visitor

Help with column calculation

Dear, good afternoon. I have a table with a lot of data, including those in this image: https://ibb.co/ctsqQhL The "date to fix" column is fixed and the columns to the right of it are calculated based on that fixed date. What I need is for the user who sees the report (which I already have done) to choose a date to "insert" it into the "date to fix" column and make me the respective calculations of the columns on the right. Do you understand? I thought I could do it with parameters, but it doesn't detect the values to create the desired date. From now on thank you very much and greetings from Chile.
4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jvillela ,

You may create a column like DAX below, assuming the <Date1> is referred to the Date value you will set for per user.

date to fix =SWITCH( [User Name], "User1", <Date1>, "User2", <Date2>, "User3", <Date3>,,,)

If I misunderstood it, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello.

So in this link the .pbix file and two images where I explain what I need to do

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSjGvHRuwixgop7ojxMK025cLuLAA?e=FhNQGO

Thanks a lot.

@v-xicai @amitchandak please check message above.

Thank you!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jvillela ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?
Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.