cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmck86 Member

Help with cascading totals

I was hoping to get some support on how to create a cascading total. I have followed this amazing article exactly; however, I am stumped when getting the final output.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 11.29.07 PM.pngdesired output

https://powerpivotpro.com/2018/01/star-schema-switch-drill-income-statement-design/

I have essentially gotten my formulas to work and get my signs correct. However, now that I am ready to get the subtotals into the report and the drill down functionality I am stumped and needing some assistance.

I am stuck here basically and need to figure out how to get my current measures in a drill down table with the is header details as the second level of detail. All of the columns beside my first one are the top level of the hierarchy and do not need to be columns but actually need to be in some sort of switch function or something that will give me the drill down functionality I need. So the Test Sum is correct; however, I also need to incorporate a Sum that is for Total Revenue, Total Production Costs, Total Depreciation, Total Indirect and so forth and so on and believe the switch function may give me that but I can't figure it out.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 11.31.58 PM.pngCURRENT SETUP

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XyBcQvLNouOkcdeot9O_IzZJPgMrHP9k/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance for the support!!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help with cascading totals

@nmck86 ,

You may try using ISINSCOPE in measures.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nmck86 Member

Re: Help with cascading totals

Thanks for the follow up. Is it possible to have an example with the pbix file that I shared? I can provide additional details if needed? I have tried and seem to be unsuccesful. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 282 members 3,014 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: