Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PolarBear
Helper I
Helper I

Help with best method to get requirements - performance issues

I could really use some help with my issue... I've been searching this site and others for several days but haven't been able to come up with a solution....

I have some new reporting requirements but can't find the best way to fulfill them due to having memory / performance issues (two of the methods I've tried have resulted in the not enough memory error and the other method (appending the tables), I canceled due to it taking so long). My tables aren't that large... Priority, Status and Comments are the largest tables in the data model with ~60K rows and about 6 columns (I've excluded the tables and columns not related to these requirements).

EDIT: Image in reply below

Requirements:
1. Number of comments by ID if 'Status'[Status] = 'ordered status', 'Filter'[Filter ID?] = 'N' and 'Agent Comment'[Is Comment by Agent Assigned?] = 'Y'
2. Days between comments to an ID by status, priority or status and priority
3. Need slicers so agent and ordered or shipped date can be picked
4. Avg. number of comments by the agent assigned for all IDs assigned to them that were ordered in the last year (year is an example, they need to be able to pick any timeframe)
Notes:

Some IDs were created while the team this data is for was testing, so those need to be filtered out (filter table).

Comments can only be counted if made by the Agent Assigned
There is a calender table in my data model that I can leverage if it would help
The data from the requirements will also be used to perform additional calculations (for other requirements)

3 REPLIES 3
PolarBear
Helper I
Helper I

I couldn't get the image to show in the original post

model.PNG

Hi @PolarBear

The issue is caused by performance. So it is not easy for us to reporduce it. There are some advice to optimize formulas and the report. Hope they can help you.

Optimizing DAX expressions involving multiple measures 

Improve Power BI Performance by Optimizing DAX 

Importing Performance Analyzer data into DAX Studio 

Introducing the Power BI Performance Analyzer 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xuding-msft  I will read these articles. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.