Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with average price non-promo calculation (static) vs. promo price

Hi Community,

Thank you Vanessa for helping with the % Lifts.

I am trying to develop a measure in which the sale price for a specific week is X cheaper than the non-promo price. I would like the non-promo price to stay static. So when a week on the bar graph is selected, it doesn't change and the formula for computing the difference in promo vs. non promo price.

Price difference = [promo price] - [non-promo price]

Other formulas that may impact:

1. TY Dollars = sum('LOWES Dol Sales'[Sales ($)])
  2. TY Non-Promo Dollars = calculate(sum('LOWES Dol Sales'[Sales ($)]),filter('LOWES Dol Sales','LOWES Dol Sales'[Promotion]="no"))
  3. TY Promo Dollars = calculate(sum('LOWES Dol Sales'[Sales ($)]),filter('LOWES Dol Sales','LOWES Dol Sales'[Promotion]="yes"))
  4. Avg Promo Price = divide([TY Promo Dollars],[TY Promo Units],0)
  5. Avg Non-Promo Price = divide([TY Non-Promo Dollars],[TY Non-Promo Units],0)
    Correct when all weeks selected belowCorrect when all weeks selected belowWant to read $24.9 when any week in chart below is selected.Want to read $24.9 when any week in chart below is selected.

The second picture, I also edited the card hoping that it would keep that value when doing the price difference calculation. I have tried to use var calc, All, allexcept, filters on the price measures and the difference, but nothing changes.

I am guessing the calculation is more complicated that I thought - maybe requires multiple measures aside from what I have already. Var calc or AverageX can solve it? Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Price difference =CALCULATE( [promo price] - [non-promo price],ALL('Table'))

Better to provide more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data to help us clarify your scenario.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eyelin,

Thank you for your answer. I did that before - with adding the column (promotion). I left it in there so you can take a look.

Here is a link to the file. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pbcp6iw3upr3m4/Lowes%202021%20Fiscal%20Year%20-%20Version%204.4.pbix?dl=0

Hope this helps - thanks for looking into it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.