Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mcray11
Helper I
Helper I

Help with a table visualization/DAX Query

Hi All-

I'm not every experienced with Bi and am hoping someone can help me create a useful table visualization. 

I have a set of data across a few tables, and I'm trying to display the per month summary across a few order numbers.

However I can't get my table to display the monthly summary for each order number. Instead, it repeats themin a series.

I've attached a screenshot there. I'm trying to get to a point where there is one line for every month/order number, that summarizes the other columns.

BI issue.JPG 

If I were in excel, I might also try this way--combining a VLookup with a Sum function to capture the sum of all entries for one site in one month and display the total.  Basically, adding a column to the below report pulling from another table:

Capture.JPG

thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Can you please check the Default Summarization of your last three columns?

I believe they are set to SUM, however I've also tried selecting "Don't Summarize", and it still does not resolve the issue. 

In your data table (not table visual) you need to review each column and assure that the column/field is the appropriate type.  The symptoms you have are consistent with what one thinks is a number field but is actually in PBI as a text field.  So you want to change/correct every field/column to be either text or number as they should.

Then in your table visual every thing should be able to be made to work.  Be sure to select Unsummarize for the Year assuming it is a whole number, and potentially the same thing for the Order # unless that is text.

www.CahabaData.com

Thank you for the suggestion. I've checked the data types and they are all correct, either whole number, decimal number or date.

I'm still not able to display the proper Val in RC for that month/Order number-only a total-in both matrix and table visuals.

I've also reviewed the relationships and the tables are connected via two other connecting tables. Could that be an issue? I'm not getting an error but am not sure what else could be wrong.

@mcray11

Could you please provide the relationship of these tables? And the answers to CahabaData’s questions are also needed.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

There are two intermediatry tables connecting the two data sources for this visualization. 

Site>Locations>Order Numbers>Val in RC data

Thanks for any suggestions!

@mcray11

If Val in RC is not a calculated column, we should be able to get the desired result with setting TOTAL_VEHICLES and TOTAL_SERVICES to SUM and Val in RC to Don’t summarize as below.

Help with a table visualization DAX Query_3.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Val in RC would be the last measure to set up;  leaving that out you have sum of Vehicles & Services by single month line okay?

What is the Val RC formula?

www.CahabaData.com

That is correct, the table displays correctly with the exception of the Val in RC column.

That column is not actually a calculated column, it is a sum of all values of one data type (selected via filter) from another column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors