Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

energeyes

Help with YTD Sum

I've tried this a number of ways but I have a set of data that I need to create YTD sums for and still be able to filter.  I've created this example set of data that highlights my problem.

Untitled2.png.

You can see in the date field there will be multiple entries for the same day.  The "column" field shows one of the ways I have tried this.  I have created a seperate date table and used that date instead of the one in the table.  Any thoughts on how I can get this to work?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
autodafe
Resolver I
Resolver I

You don't need a Column.

You need a Measure that calculates the YTD values, and then put it into a Table in PowerBI

like:

TotalExpense= TOTALYD(SUM(Table1[Expense]); Sheet1[Calendar Date])

Then create a new Table, insert the Date, Name, State, Expense and Total ExpenseMeasure you just created

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
autodafe
Resolver I
Resolver I

You don't need a Column.

You need a Measure that calculates the YTD values, and then put it into a Table in PowerBI

like:

TotalExpense= TOTALYD(SUM(Table1[Expense]); Sheet1[Calendar Date])

Then create a new Table, insert the Date, Name, State, Expense and Total ExpenseMeasure you just created

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.