Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

LouStagner
Frequent Visitor

Help with Syntax Error

When trying to select the relationship icon to edit relationships power bi crashes and shuts down and I receive the error message below. This is a simple model that is consuming a few csv files that are on my local machine. 

Unable to find an entry point named 'MilUtility_PathGeometryHmtTest' in DLL 'wpfgfx_v0400.dll'

What is odd is that I can open the relationship window and look at the tables and their relationships, but as soon as I move the mouse, Power BI desktop crashes and I get that error message. I just tried it again and I also received this message as well:

Could not find a PackageSession for the given sessionID.

I am on a windows 10 machine (64 bit) and have the latest version of PBI desktop installed. 

Any thoughts? 

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@LouStagner,

Does this issue occur in all PBIX file? Have you uninstalled and re-installed Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It was not occurring in all PBIX files, only this one. I did uninstall and reinstall but that did not fix the issue. 

What did seem to work (so far) was the following:

• I clicked on the "Manage relationships" button on the modeling tab
  • I deleted all of the automatic relationships that were created
  • I re-created the relationships
  • I have not had an issue since doing that

At some point, I am going to try and recreate the issue by starting from scratch and following the steps I originally took and seeing if that causes the same issue...

@LouStagner,

When importing your CSV files, you can disable the following options.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia for the suggestion. 

I will make sure auto-detect relationships it is turned off but I feel like Power BI could handle things better than simply crashing and shutting down.

@LouStagner,

Could  you please share the CSV file for us to test?

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.