Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Related( )

Hi,

I am trying to use the formula Related( ) with the next formula:

Horas Unidad = CALCULATE(SUM(Zon1[Horas Unidad]);FILTER(Zon1;Zon1[Unidad de Bombeo Indisponible]=RELATED(SBH_1[Unidad])))

But it show the next error message:

"La columna 'SBH_1[Unidad]' no existe o no tiene ninguna relación con las tablas disponibles en el contexto actual."

And the relationships I have are the following:

4.PNG

I know the error is with the formula Related( ).

Any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

This is a typical many to many relationship case, you should take a look at this post: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DAX-RELATED-with-MANY-TO-MANY-RELATIONSHIP/td-p/606638

And if you need more help, could you provide a sample pbix that illustrates your problem.

Best regard

Paul Zheng

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you provide more details on the format of the two tables and what is the current relationship between the two tables? Any reason you use many-to-many relationship here? (This is not recommended).

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey @DataChant  @az38 

Every row has his respective "Unidad de bombeo indisponible" and "Horas unidad"(these are hours). And sometimes the "Unidad de bombeo indisponible" can repeat  in a different row with a different value of "Horas unidad". (This is in the "Zon1" table)

What I want is a calulated column in "SBH_1" table with the sum of "Horas unidad" from each "Unidad de bombeo indisponible".

The "unidad" column from SBH_1 has the same values of "Unidad de bombeo indisponible" with some repeated values I need.

So I create:

Horas Unidad = CALCULATE(SUM(Zon1[Horas Unidad]);FILTER(Zon1;Zon1[Unidad de Bombeo Indisponible]=RELATED(SBH_1[Unidad])))

The tables has a many to many relationship because I relate the tables with "unidad" and  "Unidad de bombeo indisponible" and none of these has unique values.

Thanks

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

didnt you try to add into SBH_1 table a super-simple measure?

Measure = calculate(SUM(Zon1[Horas Unidad]))

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

No, because in the "Unidad" column are some repeated values than I related, and I need to sum other values too.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

what column do you use as a key for relationships?

LinkedIn
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

what do you want to get at final?

sum of [Horas Unidad] from what table? as i see is a many-to-many relationship. what rule defines how to exactly it should be calculated? what table do you create a column in?

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.