Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

henrycwl

Help with Power BI publishing (This Content is not available)

Hey there, just wondering if anyone could help me publishing a dashboard to the web. I've been trying to get this working for over a day now, I've followed every forum post and tutorial exactly and it's still not working.

All permissions are fine, everything is in order but when I select publish to web it just says this content is not available. It was working fine up until yesterday, I've triple checked and no settings have been changed. As I said I've seen other forum posts of similar issues, I've checked all my settings are the same as others with no results.

I've even tried making dummy reports or using different workspaces, browsers, even a different laptop. Even the embed codes page says the status of each link is "active" but when I select view on the web it just comes up with the same page. I have genuinely tried everything I could think of and it still isn't making any difference. It also won't embed on a QR code. Any help is much appreciated!

Screenshot 2022-02-23 141506.png

Screenshot 2022-02-23 141728.png

2 REPLIES 2
vjohnson

I am having this same issue and I need help to solve it, did you find a way around it?

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @henrycwl ,

I tested it and couldn't reproduce your issue.

Vlianlmsft_0-1646025596728.png

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service. However, the following kinds of reports aren't currently supported or available with Publish to web:

• Reports using row-level security.
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  • Reports using a shared dataset that is stored in a different workspace from the report.
  • Shared and certified datasets.
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an app.
  • Reports in a workspace in which you aren't an edit member.
  • "R" and Python visuals aren't currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  • Exporting data from visuals in a report that has been published to the web.
  • Q&A for Power BI visuals.
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
  • Single sign-on data query models.
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information.
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding.
  • Admins can block public internet access, as described in Private links for accessing Power BI. In that case, the Publish to Web option is grayed out for your tenant in the Power BI admin portal.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.