Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iskruger
Frequent Visitor

Help with Measure

Hi Gang,

Could use a little help developing the following measure:

I'm trying to sum the row values in COLUMN3 when the values in COLUMN2 are greater than 1.

I'm pretty new to BI and would appreciate any help with the above.

Thanks in advance for your help!Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dallen,

Thanks so much for the quick response. The conditional sum measure worked perfectly.

Additionally, I will be using a slicer on COLUMN2 and could use additional help adding that feature to the measure.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @iskruger - Welcome to Power BI and the Power BI Community!

I'm relatively new to Power BI so I hope this is helpful. When creating your measure try the following after clicking the "New Measure" button:

Conditional Sum = CALCULATE(SUM(TableName[COLUMN3]), TableName[COLUMN2] > "1")

The logic here, in human readable terms, calculates the sum of the rows in column 3 where the rows in column 2 are greater than 1. 

I hope this helps! 

Hi Dallen,

Thanks so much for the quick response. The conditional sum measure worked perfectly.

Additionally, I will be using a slicer on COLUMN2 and could use additional help adding that feature to the measure.

Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear it worked!

I'm uncertain what the rules are for continuing to post on a thread once the original question has been solved. I think you're okay to continue posting on this thread for myself and others in the community to see.

Also, I'd encourage you to search the forums before you post. In my experience, I've found that the answers to my questions are already here, I just needed to put together the right search terms.

Thank again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.