Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

venkatasuresh_g
Helper III
Helper III

Help with Magic Gartner quadrant type Visual

Hi All 

I have one data set ( pasted below)  which is more of text than any Measures ( I removed some unwanted fields likeowner, business unit and others whcih are more of slicers) , our management want to see this data in a way like Quadrant chart ,   What I have seen so far for Quadrant chart in examples every where its done with some measures not with text data. 

Application_NameDurabilityCompositionHosting
Application1PhysicalPhysicalOn-Premise
Application2Hypervisor IndependentVirtualOn-Premise
Application3Auto Failover (App)SaaSCloud
Application4Auto Failover (App)SaaSCloud
Application5PhysicalPhysicalOn-Premise
Application6PhysicalPhysicalOn-Premise
Application7Hypervisor IndependentVirtualOn-Premise
Application8Auto Failover (App)SaaSCloud
Application9Hypervisor IndependentVirtualOn-Premise
Application10Auto Failover (App)SaaSCloud

This is the sample report they provided me how they want to see data. I can make the title bar on top for Site dependency , but I could not get the data in the way theu wanted in table inside with Composition and Durability as axis/quadrants.

I even tries to give some number to the Composition and Durability so that I thought I can plot them as axis. Any Idea on how to have the data top get the below results or something close is ok. 

sample_report.PNG

sample_report2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Just give an update I was able to create something close using some measures , by giving each application some weight based on the categories and adding record number to that value. I got satisfactory results for now. I will now mark this as answered 

Thanks for trying to help me. 

Suresh 

Update:  I tried to upload the picture of graph here as example and It gets deleted when I hit post . 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @venkatasuresh_g 

Based on your description, I tried to create the measure which counts the number of Durability and another measure which counts the number of Composition. When I tried to plot them as axis, the result is far from your requirement. I think it is unavailable to fully realize it currently. 

For further information, you may refer to the following links.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381011?tab=Overview

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/scatter-plot-and-quadrant-chart/m-p/269580#M121438

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Just give an update I was able to create something close using some measures , by giving each application some weight based on the categories and adding record number to that value. I got satisfactory results for now. I will now mark this as answered 

Thanks for trying to help me. 

Suresh 

Update:  I tried to upload the picture of graph here as example and It gets deleted when I hit post . 

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response , I tried many methods including the ones in examples mentioned none of them gave me results expected. as I am trying to plot Descriptive values rather than numeric in x and y axis I am not getting the results  

Thanks 

Suresh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.